Sunday, November 29, 2009

~*self portrait

Capturing “myself” as a whole, is impossible, scary, and a rather unreasonable request in my opinion. I had to stop thinking and trying to create and just live. This photo represents the bigger picture, happiness. Happiness is the quality and state of mind that I feel all the time. The Shelby GT is my favorite car and it represents my love for speed and adventure. It also is proof that I take after my father, and I hope to own that car one day. The dress I have on was my mother’s senior prom dress. When I try it on, I really feel like I am apart of her. Underneath the dress, rings, makeup, and hair. I am still holding a gun. The gun represents my love for hunting and being focused. The gun is a very stereotypical shelter island object, and I will always get the occasional “do you eat squirrels over there?” comment that everyone loves to make, however it doesn’t bother me because underneath it all, I know I hold that hick mentality that everyone finds so fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment