
ARTIST STATEMENT
For my self portrait i chose to use a seesaw to represent a symbol of balance. On the right side of the seesaw is a riding helmet, and a horseshow number. On the left side is a school backpack. And sitting in the middle balancing the two out is me. In my life I find it extremely hard to balance school work and my riding life.
To me, horseback riding is i've been doing for years. It is something to me that has become part of who I am, and part of my life. It is something that I dont think i could live my life without. When I go riding, I feel like I am free. I can do whatever I want and get away from everything. The bond and connection you create with your horse is something that cannot be broken. It is something that not everyone understands, and it's something that I am grateful to have.
School is very important to me as well. I try my hardest to get the best grades that I can. I take school seriously. If I don't understand something, I work my hardest to understand it. I try to acquire as much knowledge that I can, and not just go through the motions of school.
A lot of the time, riding interferes with school, and school interferes with riding. There are times when I cant ride, due to school work. I stay home or go to the library and just work. And there are times where riding takes priority over school and I put school behind for a little and focus on my riding life.
This will be something that I will struggle with for a while and I think with time, I will figure out exactly how to balance these two things. Though both are different, they both require complete dedication and a hard working mentality, which is what I have.
TRIAL AND ERROR
Even though it took me two weeks to finally come up with an idea, I am happy with my final photograph. While shooting, it took me literally thirty minutes to balance the seesaw. It was very frustrating, but in the end it was worth it and I love my finished product!
No comments:
Post a Comment