For my self portrait I wanted to focus on the interplay between light and dark. The tension between these two contrasts seems to illustrate this particular period in my life. The light that shine down upon my shoulders represents the opportunity, joy, love, and promise within my life. This cloak of light around my shoulders, represents all that is good in my life, and I thus have so much to be grateful for. I do however live within a troubling time, and the ebb and flow of darkness touches my core. How I respond to the challenges of living in a world where war, sickness, environmental decline and loss are ever present creates the tension I feel between the light and darkness that are part of me.
There were a lot of setbacks in the production of this photo. First I had no idea what I was going to do for the picture, and I was not inspired at all. I was fooling around with standing in front of a light, and this is what came from it. In the dark room, it was a very long process. i had to go through six different prints ot get the one I wanted, and it was a long process to do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment