Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Ideology

Trust is at once the most powerful and most fragile of all beliefs. When trust is lost one’s perceptions and thoughts of another are never the same. My father engraved this concept into my toddler’s mind eons ago and to my childish thinking this simply meant “lying is bad”. Now, I understand that one lie can shatter years of trust but this has not happened to me. I ask my father anything I wish knowing he will answer truthfully or not at all. I believe there are only two aspects of truth-truth to others and truth to yourself. If you don’t know who you are you do not know what to show others.

My Artist Statement

Looking in a mirror shows the refection we present to the world. It may be truly us or the image we think would be most acceptable to others. The reflection we see in the mirror presents us with a choice to accept what we see or probe deeper. Having found what we truly are, the choice is to present our newly found self or continue with the familiar false imitation. Not understanding one’s true self inhibits emotions from finding calm passages into the soul.

Being happy with oneself requires knowing who you are and accepting it and only then can one be truthful to others. Both truth to others and truth to self keeps the soul and person in harmony and without a solid understanding of both, the person is never his/her own person.


No comments:

Post a Comment