Saturday, November 21, 2009

My ideology and self-portrait

For my self-portrait I chose to place myself in the center of my room in a yoga pose. By pressing my palms against my back I feel like it represents silence, peace, harmony, and balance. Those four descriptions make up what I am all about and what I believe in life. It also represents my grounding, my love and practice of yoga and everything that comes with it. Peace, love, oneness, individuality and the ability to not be afraid. On one side the image is darker and on the other side it’s lighter with different shapes. It represents the blend of good days and bad and how you can always over come them if you stay positive and try to make the best of it. The little shapes on the right hand side represent time. I feel like people, along with myself, are always rushing all over the place and working to hard, leaving no time for one to just be and enjoy. When I do yoga, it’s a way for me to escape the world and re-center myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment