Friday, November 27, 2009

Artist's Statement

Apparently, this meant "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil", although I did not know this until a classmate told me. I've seen this before in pictures and statues but I never knew that's what it actually signified. Obviously this wasn't my own original idea, but I interpreted it differently than what it actually means. In the picture on the far left, I have someone covering their ears, in the middle picture I have someone covering their mouth, and in the far right picture I have someone covering their eyes. The picture in the middle will be a metaphor by saying sometimes people just have to stop talking and listen. The picture on the right will say you don’t have to see things to believe it, and the far left picture will be like sometimes you shouldn’t listen to other people and you should just do your own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment