Monday, November 23, 2009

Final Series- Emily Watson











In my three photos, I used sand to convey many things. It mainly symbolized the earth, other people in the world, and everything that exists outside of me. In my first photo, I used sand on my fingers. This symbolized that I explore by touch, by experience, and that is the way I learn about the world around. It also symbolized that people have to remember that in everything they do, they touch other people’s lives. The second photo has sand on my lips. This conveyed that the things I say often are influenced by those around me, and also that the things I say influence others. The third photo symbolizes that sometimes the world seems to be too heavy for me, and I can’t deal with the things around me. In all of these photos, I used dark eye makeup to convey that I look at the world through a kind of film; I see things darker than they may actually be. I shot with a simple background and simple skin and hair to show a side of me that many people don’t see. Usually there is too much in the way to really get to know people. I feel like I create barriers that very few people get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment