Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Final Self-portrait and Artist Statement

Legs carry one through all the physical and emotional phases of life. Legs have carried me through ten years of horse backing riding and four years of soccer but most importantly, in short and unplanned moments, they walk me back in time, to childhood bliss and innocence. As all teenagers do, I balance the fine line between child and adult. The thick white line on the road dividing the riding boot and soccer cleat shows the diminishing division between child and adult. Although, when I am considered an adult, parts of me will always remain a child. The footwear and notebook represent whom I am now- an athlete and developing writer which I always want to be. Athletes experience the full extent and limitations of their bodies by pursing a beloved passion and writers capture the hidden truths of this mysterious and ever changing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment