Sunday, November 29, 2009

Final Photo + Artist Statement

For my self portrait, I positioned myself under a bridge, as bridges are often symbols of transport to change. My life has always been saturated in change, but as a person I am indecisive and do not enjoy being the one responsible for these changes. This is something I would like to alter, because a person who goes through life letting others make their decisions is not really living a life of their own, but following the path of what others think is best. By crouching, I feel as if I am showing myself at a vulnerable moment, one where I am deliberating climbing onto the bridge and taking control of my life. I had the photo taken from farther back to show an entire scene, but also to display that I consider myself a small part of what is going on around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment