Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Victoria's Artist Statement

I believe in freedom and expression. I believe in the binding of friends and the hardships life of that are there to make you a stronger individual. I believe in each photo because it describes my environment and what has influenced my life and the development of my nature. The photo of the ocean symbolizes freedom because the ocean has no ruler, it rumbles as it wishes. The photo of the horse describes my horse and me, and how that is an escape from anything that is in my life. The photo of the eye symbolizes my belief that people’s eyes are the windows to their soul. The fashion drawings show my passion for design and desire to create a fashion line after college. The photo of the girl in the bottom right shows my inner tomboy. The photos of the Native American symbol, the French image on the bottom right, and the Swiss flag explains my background and the ethnicities, which have influenced my culture. The photo of the women holding the sign “freedom” is what I want to feel one day, free.

No comments:

Post a Comment