Monday, October 19, 2009

Emma's Artist Statement and Collage

I am very future oriented. I tend to work towards long-term goals that require months to years of dedication, and hard work. Although these goals are very fulfilling, sometimes I find that I lose myself in the short term. At points I find myself so worried about my future that I forget my past, and ignore my present. As an artist, I strive to help others avoid my chronic mistakes. I strive to help people dream about their future, remember their past, and above all, embrace their present.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that your collage is made up of various texts blended together. I completely agree with your Artist Statement we do sometimes lose ourselves in achieving our goals and block everything out. GREAT JOB EMMA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way your collage seems like one whole piece rather than a bunch of pictures thrown together.

    ReplyDelete