
IDEOLOGY
I believe that the only way to get somewhere in life is by working hard and following your dreams. Everyone should live their lives to the fullest and not look back since time is so short. Life truly is a winding road and you never know whats gonna happen. I think that why is the most asked question. People are so curious and about everything and I think its important because if you keep asking why you obtain more knowledge, which makes you a more well rounded person. I also believe that everyone is completely different and that each person has their own unique identity, which separates them from the rest of the people. Karma is something I truly live my life by since I believe that you can't do something harmful or disrespectful to someone and get away with it.
ARTIST STATEMENT
I used the huge WHY? in the middle because all the other pictures rotate around the idea of why. The little why's show that once you ask why about one thing, there are always more and more why's to follow. I placed a bunch of question marks around the whole image because everything is a huge question. The newspaper cutouts in the background represent the answers to the big question, why. The beat up pointe shoes in the top left corner represent hard work and the dancer leaping through the air shows how far you can get with hard work. The clock shows that time is short and that you should take advantage of life. The finger print illustrates that each person is an individual. A winding road shows that life keeps going but has twists and turns through out the way. The ride up in the sky with KARMA around it shows that "what goes around comes around" which is exactly what karma is.
No comments:
Post a Comment