Monday, October 19, 2009

Emily Watson's Collage and Artist's Statement

My ideology focuses on past events and current senses and feelings to create a persons future. In this piece, I used the string as a kind of time line spiral. The outer layer represents the things that have already happened and most affected my life. The five senses represent the here and now. I used words to convey the future because I don't know for sure what will happen. These words represent what I hope will happen in my life. The stars of text represent some of the things that are constant, guiding thoughts in my life. I placed a question mark in the center because I don't know what I believe about the future, and I don't know what I believe happens after death. This also represents the fact that humans have absolutely no idea where they come from or why they are on this planet.

This photo is not quite the finished product. The white lines will be under the other images, and a double yellow line will be in the in the center, like a road.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you focused on your future in the middle of your collage with a question mark. Then, whatever already happened in your life is on the sides. It is also interesting that humans have no idea where they are from and why they are here.

    ReplyDelete